Customer Support Officer
- Risk Management
- Implements, maintains and enhances policies, guidelines, and processes to identify, measure, monitor, mitigate, and report operational risk in ADB headquarters and field/satellite offices, mainly in relation to sovereign operations;
- Implements risk management tools and methodologies, such as the risk and control assessments, incident management, key risk indicators and others within the approved operational risk framework;
- Conducts targeted deep dives, sector or thematic reviews and any additional directives from senior leadership with the appropriate stakeholders;
- Develops process documentation and related risk profiles covering sovereign operations (e.g. project processing, project administration, country partnership strategy, portfolio management). Proactively contributes ideas and recommends approaches for effective identification, evaluation and mitigation of operational risks;
- Performs systematic review and timely root cause analysis on operational risk incidents. Involvement in the management of incidents, events and risk acceptance decisions;
- Defines and agrees on value-adding action plans with operational risk clients and supports client’s implementation efforts to ensure the agreed action plans are implemented within respective timelines;
- Develops a good working relationship with departments’ risk champions to ensure that the framework is effectively bought in and implemented across all relevant areas;
- Participates in governance forums and project working groups representing Operational Risk or ORM;
- Facilitates training and regular / periodic updates with risk champions in sovereign, operations support and knowledge management departments;
- Contributes to the enhancement of existing knowledge/ understanding of risk management;
- Provides support to the Risk Committee and/or other governance meetings;
- Supports project management of system implementations and other specialized projects to meet operational requirements.
- Policy and Methodology
- Provides support and inputs in the review and updating of ADB’s policies, guidelines and practices;
- Assists in policy and methodology development related to Operational Risk Management Framework, including provision of a risk appetite statement
- Knowledge Sharing
- Maintains knowledge of emerging best practices, new Basel standard and other international standards in operational risk management;
- Serves as a resource person and provides support in organizing and conducting risk training to promote a risk culture in ADB.
- Staff Supervision
- Provides leadership and support to reporting staff;
- Supervises the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance;
- Ensures the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- University degree in finance, business administration, economics, engineering or related fields; preferably at post-graduate level or its equivalent;
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in the sovereign operations projects of multilateral/bilateral development organizations or financial institutions. These may include project processing, project administration, portfolio management and procurements;
- Understanding of risk management principles, methodologies and tools;
- Sound understanding of procedures and practices related to sovereign operations;
- Strong knowledge of development banking or financial institution products and processes as well as related internal controls;
- Demonstrated project management expertise and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven relationship building skills and ability to communicate with senior managers.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for IS 3 – 4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.